- A simple and natural product beneficial to delicate skin.
- A fine hand finished soap to a traditional formula exclusive to Mitchells.
- Contains natural lanolin from sheeps wool keeps skin soft
- Mild in use and suitable for all the family
- Made in Bradford England since the 1930’s
Mitchell’s Wool Fat Soap was first produced in the early 1930’s by chemist Fred Mitchell of Bradford, England who realised that the natural lanolin content of wool fat, which kept the hands of local sheep shearers and wool sorters so exceptionally soft, could also be beneficial to delicate complexions and sensitive skins. A simple and natural product, Mitchell’s Wool Fat Soap is still made in Bradford to Mr. Mitchell’s original formula, based on a recipe from the turn of the century and incorporating lanolin from the wool fat as the key ingredient. Although no medical claims are made for it, this very gentle soap is particularly soothing to sensitive skins and has often been recommended by members of the British medical profession to help alleviate certain skin complaints.